Google
 

13 marzo 2007

How many elements should have a list?

5 is good, 10 is better, 15 is bad, 20 is worst.



I don't want to read "52 ways to improve your piano playing" because if I spend the same time practicing my piano playing will improve far more than reading a lousy list ever could. I'd prefer read "5 ways to improve your piano playing", despite the semplicity. I don't want to read "52 ways to reduce stress", because your list (longer than Deuteronomy) is stressful.



You can't separate the top 5 arguments about a theme? Obviously you don't know enough about that specific argument. A Lifehacker post tells about 77 Ways to Learn Faster, Deeper and Better: the author should choose the top 5 or the top 10, I will read it, and then I will decide if is worth reading the remaining 70.



Lists are the mainstream for blog posts: Guy Kawasaki advice you to use them to hook your audience. He is one of the best list-maker: often he puts 12 question in a "10 questions with..." interview, knowing that if you have the guts to reach the tenth question, you wouldn't mind to read two more.



"Perhaps the best test of a man's intelligence is his capacity for making a summary".







powered by performancing firefox

Nessun commento: